skip to main content


Enrollment Process: Black Oak Mine Unified School District
Top of Page

Welcome to the Black Oak Mine Unified School District!  We are pleased to have you join our educational community!  To enroll your children at a school in the district here is how you can go about doing so!

1)  Attendance Boundaries:  Identify where you live in relationship to the district attendance boundaries.  If you are unsure,you can e-mail us at or call us at 530-333-8300 and we'll be happy to help!
Identify your school:  Find out which school your child should attend plus additional details by entering your zip code, school name, or city.
2) Register using Aeries Online Registration
3)  Contact the school your child is enrolling in to make arrangements to complete the registration:
  Georgetown School - 530-333-8320
  Northside School - 530-333-8355 or 530-889-4079
  Golden Sierra Junior Senior High School - 530-333-8330
  Otter Creek School - 530-333-8320
American River Charter School - 530-333-8340
  • If they have participated in alternative programs in the past, such as Independent Study or the Continuation High School, this is still the first step in the Black Oak Mine Unified School District.  We want to have a qualified counselor review their records and determine the most appropriate placement for your student. 
  • If you wish to consider Otter Creek School, a K-5 necessary small school (approximately 26 students), then you can contact them as well, however, space there is typically very limited, and priority is given to students who reside in the area.
  • If you are interested in a K-6 Independent Study program, it is important to notify the school at the time you register.  
       Please be sure to bring the following paperwork with you to your appointment:
  • Proof of age (Birth Certificate, baptismal certificate, passport or legally allowable alternative)
  • Proof of Residency - rental agreement, mortgage statement, PGE bill, or letter from the property owner.  While many districts require multiple proofs of residency, at this time we only require one.
  • Immunization records
  • Name and city of your child's previous school (if any).
  • Personal information such as any health issues, doctor's name and contact information as well as participation in any special programs such as Gifted and Talented Programs, Special Education, Speech, etc.
4)  Transportation:  Determine how your child will get to school.  If your child is attending their neighborhood school, transportation is available for a fee.  If your child is attending a school other than their neighborhood school, such as Independent Study, then transportation becomes the responsibility of the parent. 

5)  Visit the school:  Before your child starts at their new school, we encourage parents to visit the school after hours to walk the campus, find their new classrooms, and to help familiarize their child/ren with their new school.  For children entering kindergarten, we have Kindergarten "camp" available to assist with their orientation.  Space for Kindergarten Camp is limited.  Contact your local school for more details.

6)  Volunteer:  Finally, after your child begins school, we strongly encourage parental involvement.  A recommended level of involvement is a minimum of 20 hours per year.  Contact your child's teacher about how you can volunteer, or get involved in Parent Clubs, or School Site Council.  Also, be sure to attend Back to School Night as key information is shared by your child's teacher at these meetings.  Mark your calendars for parent conference week which happens in the fall as well.

Finally, enjoy your school year!  If concerns arise, please contact your child's teacher for assistance in solving them.  We are here to help!